On Wednesday, 4th June 2014, the Planning Department of Wakefield Council approved the latest application from Rushbond plc to convert Bretton Hall into a luxury hotel complex.
Permission was granted for:
- the conversion of the Mansion House to form a 120-bedroomed hotel with ancillary restarants, bar, spa, conference, wedding facilities and temporary marquee locations, including erection of three-storey extensions to the north and east wings;
- the partial demolition of later addition extensions to the mansion;
- conversion of the Camellia House to ancillary hotel use;
- conversion of the Stables, Coach House, Theatre, Library and link block to six office units;
- associated new access roads, car parking, infrastructure and landscape works
The following pages provide images of the demolition of relevant buildings in 2017.