On Wednesday, 4th June 2014, the Planning Department of Wakefield Council approved the latest amended application from Rushbond plc to convert Bretton Hall into a luxury hotel.
Permission was granted for:
- conversion of the Mansion House to form a 120-bed hotel with ancillary restaurants, bar, spa, conference, wedding facilities and temporary marquee locations, including erection of 3-storey extensions to the north and east wings;
- the partial demolition of later addition extensions to the mansion;
- full demolition of Refectory, Music Block, Ezra Taylor building and hostel/ancillary buildings;
- conversion of the Camellia House to ancillary Hotel use
- conversion of the Stables, Coach House, Theatre, Library and link block to six office units;
- associated new access roads, car parking, infrastructure and landscape works.
To view images of some of the buildings scheduled for demolition, click on the title in the grey box on the right.