Bretton Hall opened in 1949 as a College for the training of teachers of Music and Art, with the intention of adding the study of Drama as soon as practicable. Before this time there were no specialist courses in England for school music teachers.
On 25th September, 1949, fifty-six students were admitted to study Music or Art. (Drama students joined the community three years later.)
Click on images for enlargements
Principal and six Foundation Tutors
To view a Reminiscence from the early days, click on a relevant title in the menu on the right